Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cough is worse;( New Antibiotic / Fundraiser Results for the year!!

I had to call the CF clinic today to ask for some kind of antibiotic, b/c Lil' Chris was coughing his head off all day!!! Before he started preschool, we thought his cough was getting better, but it definitely turned for the worse!! They said his throat culture result was the same as usual, MSSA, but I wonder if they took a culture today if it would be something different. I just hope that this antibiotic kicks in quick and he gets rid of this nasty cough really soon!

They prescribed a different antibiotic this time. It's called Omnicef. He has never had this one before and so far he really likes the taste of it:) YEA!!! It's not all goopy like the Ceftin. It reminds me more of the Augmentin, but it doesn't need to be refrigerated. He takes 5ml every 24 hours, so it's kinda nice not having to do it 2 times a day too:)

Lil' Chris and Ayla have had some runny noses too, but I think it is just allergies, b/c mine have been acting up too. Plus, I have shared food with them and I haven't caught a cold or anything. This is probably where the cough came from. The CF nurse said to do his Vest 3-4 times a day and do Albuterol every 4 hours as needed for his cough. I have been doing some manual CPT on him off and on, and it seems to make him cough more which is good to help him clear the mucus...if only he would cough it up and spit it out!! It reminds me of the old days when we used to have to pound on him every morning and every night as a baby;(

On August 31st, I had another CF fundraiser at CiCi's Pizza. This was my 9th one this year and thanks to my awesome fellow employee's, Kohl's gave a grant of $500 each time!! They also gave $500 for our CF Great Strides Walk too!!! So that brings the total to $5,000 just from Kohl's!!!!! This was our goal and it is the most we've raised in only ONE year from Kohl's alone for Cystic Fibrosis for Lil' Chris and ALL CFers!! I'm so proud to work with such GREAT associates and for such a GREAT company that supports such GREAT causes!!! The Lord really knew what he was doing when he put me at Kohl's 8 years ago! Now if only they would promote me.....;-) LOL!!!!
BIG THANK YOU to my girls at Kohl's who helped me out with the last fundraiser...


Patty K

Barb

Esther

Donna

We raised a total of about $680 that night!! Overall this year, our total from doing these CiCi's Pizza fundraisers is over $6500!!!!! Woo Hoo!!!! BIG THANK YOU TO KOHL'S AND CICI'S PIZZA AND MY AWESOME KOHL'S ASSOCIATES!!!!!!!!! THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!!!!

BIG THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO WALKED & DONATED THIS YEAR & WHO HELPED RAISE MONEY FOR CF AND FOR LIL' CHRIS!!! Everything is not in yet, but our total should be around $9,000!!!! Last year we raised almost $7,000:)

Please pray Lil' Chris' cough goes away soon. I'll keep you posted,

M

2 comments:

Aunt D. said...

You are amazing M! I don't know how you do it all! I hope Lil' C is feeling better soon - allergies are kicking in around here too. I just ordered some Xlear from Amazon in the hopes that it will help out. :( Kiss the kiddies for me!!!

OmaOpa said...

Continuing to pray for my bubby and for this cough to go away, far away!