Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, May 5, 2012

BEST Support Team EVER!!! THANK YOU ALL!!

I've got some HUGE THANK YOU'S for some VERY special friends & family for all their support! This year has been very hard for me fundraising wise. I normally have 5 or so events/fundraisers done by May, but I only have 1 done. I just can't seem to get motivated this year for some reason! 
I don't know why, maybe it's just starting to hit me harder that my son's health is not going to get any better as he gets older...it's only gonna get worse. In just this past year alone, he has started an inhaler, the acapella, newer/stronger antibiotics, and will be starting his first DAILY nebulizer called Pulmozyme in less than 2 weeks. 
It's hard and takes a lot out of me to do a fundraiser and talk about "my son with a fatal disease called Cystic Fibrosis" for 3 hours straight, it's hard to sit down at the computer for hours trying to come up with the right words to practically "beg" your friends and family to donate so your son can have a longer more normal life, it's hard trying to raise awareness about a disease you despise more than anything in the world! 
CF is not something I want to think about on a daily basis. Sometimes I just want to pretend he doesn't have it and just live a normal life and spend every waking moment with him while I have him, but NO...I CAN'T. Keeping quiet about CF is NOT going to help my son live longer, it's NOT going to help him breathe easier, it's NOT going to help him live a more "normal" life. 
Going outside of my comfort zone by speaking up, writing emails, practically begging people for money, putting together a Great Strides Walk and raising money IS!! The following friends and family have inspired me and encouraged me to do more and NOT give up!! They know how important it is to raise the MUCH needed money for a CURE! Lil' Chris NEEDS me to do all these things I hate...his life depends on it.

So without further ado, my HUGE THANK YOU'S go to...
1. to my sister, D, and her family for raising $600 and walking for "A Cure 4 Lil' Chris" today at the Great Strides Walk in NC!! YOU GUYS ARE THE BEST!!! Thank You to the Jarvis Family for walking too:)
2. to my sis-in-law and family for donating and walking in NJ for "A Cure 4 Lil' Chris" and for braving the freezing cold weather:) THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH!!!
3. to our friend Kevin for getting his work, Preferred Wireless, to be our "Kick-off Sponsor" of $300 AND they are donating tons more for the walk, like lil' baggies to hand out and such. 
4. to our friend Deb for getting our "K-Marker Sponsor" of $250 who's company wants to remain anonymous...I think that's pretty cool...a company donating so much and not wanting any publicity for it!! :)
4. to Lil' Chris' teacher, Ms. Carrie, and all his classmates for doing "Change for CF" til the end of the school year!! They are bringing in change every day and I even saw some dollars in there too!! I can't believe their jar is almost full!!! Way to go kiddos!!! This will definitely "Change" CF forever!! ;)
5. to my friend Jeanette for getting her work, Wayne Savings Bank, to be our "Single Rose Sponsor" of $125!!
6. to our neighbors and friends who have come to us asking how they can help and for brochures to try to raise some money for CF...Sean & Michelle, John & Andrea, Melissa B., Carrie G., and Stephanie W at our church for helping get a team going there!! You guys are all the BEST!!! Your effort and interest means soooo much!!
7. to Stacie A at work who offered her support in any way and would love to go to my fundraisers and our walk, but can't b/c she has the sister disease to CF called Bronchiectasis. She has all the lung problems, but not the digestive problems like CFers.
8. to our neighbors who will be participating in our annual CF Bake Sale next Sat May 12th 8a-3p at our Community Garage Sale!! THANK YOU EVERYONE IN ADVANCE!! 
BEST part about all these amazing people, is that they did it all before I could even ask!! Isn't that AWESOME!! THANK YOU GUYS SOOOOO MUCH!!!
Lastly, I want to say a BIG THANK YOU to all those who have donated these past almost 5 years!! It saddens me to think about what Lil' Chris and all his CF buddies health would be like if myself and other CF parents didn't bug all our friends and family for donations. It's because of you guys that Lil' Chris is well and able to go to Kindergarten this year! 50 years ago, CF children didn't even live long enough to attend Kindergarten, so Lil' Chris going to Kindergarten this year is a BIG deal and YOU are all a part of that!!! Thank You All!!!
 
I can't thank you all enough for your dedication, love, and support!! It means the WORLD to us!!! 
THANK YOU, 
THANK YOU, 
THANK YOU!!!!!!
M
PS. If you haven't donated and would like to, click the Great Strides link under my header picture at the top of my blog to the right. If you would like a sample letter to send out to YOUR friends and family to help raise awareness and money, email me or leave a comment and I will send it to you. Thanks so much!

No comments: