Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Thursday, May 3, 2012

Cystic Fibrosis Movie Tonight at 9p on OWN Channel

Making its U.S. premiere tonight, the powerful documentary "65 Red Roses". Showing tonight at 9pm EST on the OWN: Oprah Winfrey Network. If you want to learn what it's like having Cystic Fibrosis when your in your 20's, you gotta watch this movie tonight!! I remember following her blog and I couldn't wait til it premiered in the US!! Now it's here!!
Click here for a sneak peak of this awesome documentary about Cystic Fibrosis and the importance of organ donation!
 She first got her fame by her blog about CF, then I remember watching her being interviewed on talk shows, and then she made this movie to raise awareness of CF!! She was a busy girl, but I admired her for all that she did for CF!! 
 I don't know if you remember when I posted her "Farewell" video, but it was heart wrenching. Click here for that post.

It's gonna be super sad for me to watch this movie knowing that she didn't make it after waiting for a SECOND double lung transplant, AND knowing that this MAY be my son in 20 years. I'm really hoping and praying that with the advancements in medicine recently, that this won't happen to Lil' Chris or his CF buddies. It's also the reason I raise money for a CURE!! Thank you all who have donated over the past 5 years!! EVERY penny means SOOOOOO much!!! After you watch this movie, you'll see why.
If your not already an organ donor...WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR??? You could literally save 7 people from dying and help tons more live easier!! Click here to register to become an organ donor today! If you don't do it now, next time you renew your license and they ask if you want to be an organ donor....PLEASE SAY YES!!! You could help save my son's or a fellow CFers life someday!! Spread the word!!
Thanks for the continued prayers and for watching this movie. Don't worry if you miss the 9p showing, there is an encore showing right afterwards and then it will show again on Saturday. Let me know what you think!
M
PS. Guess who learned how to ride his bike without training wheels on today?!?!? That's my boy! Riding his bike will be so good for his lungs! :)

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

I taped the movie. Can't wait till I have some time to sit and watch it. WAY TO GO CHRIS! That's awesome that you can ride your bike w/no training wheels. Nathan & Lincoln still need their training wheels :(