Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, January 19, 2013

CF Update / Bad Virus or something???

TOBI arrived Wed evening, but we didn't start it til Thurs morning. He has been doing great with the TOBI, but he HATES the cipro pill b/c it is chalky. I hate Cipro b/c he can't have any milk or cheese 2 hours before or after taking it...I'm sure he hates it b/c of that too;p The reason is, b/c it makes the Cipro not work as well apparently.

Thurs he came home from school with some kind of virus. I was very worried it was the flu, but thankfully it seems like it was just a 24 hour bug or something. He had a very bad headache in the middle of his forehead, a sore throat, and a bad tummy ache. He was just lying around with no energy. Then around 6pm he started throwing up off and on until 11pm. He was throwing up like he had Soy Protein which he is allergic to, but he usually doesn't have the other symptoms with it, so we aren't sure what he had. Today he seems fine. He took all 8 pills and ate his whole bowl of cereal and has been running around playing with Ayla!! Then he did his Albuterol, Vest, and TOBI. For some reason, the TOBI seems to be taking a lot longer this time than it did a couple months ago. Not sure why, it's the same dosage. Maybe the setting on the machine got bumped. I'll have to check it out.

I almost took him to our Pediatrician yesterday, but our CF clinic(by the time they finally got back to me) said not to take him b/c it's too dangerous for him b/c he could pick up something worse. I almost still took him, but he refused to go and I thought maybe that was a sign. So I didn't take him and I am sooooo glad I didn't b/c he is doing so much better!!! Who knows, if I would've taken him, he could've picked up the flu that's going around like crazy and then possibly end up in the hospital. Good thing Lil' Chris knows his body;-)

Unfortunately Ayla is complaining of a sore throat today, so I'll have to keep a close eye on her:(

I have soooo much to do to get ready for the walk and fundraising!! No better place to make a list than on my blog, right?? LOL...
  1. I have to make a new fundraising video or at least update my old one;p I've used that one like 3 years in a row, so I really want to make a new one, but it's so time consuming, so we'll see. 
  2. I also have to start working on the 30 second CF commercial for Clear Picture. So far I have pics from Denna with Aden doing his treatments. Thanks Denna!! She is really on the ball!! I still have to take a few pics of Lil' Chris;)
  3. I have to get all the food nailed down for the walk...Dominos, McDonald's, Panera Bread, Frito Lays, Buehler's fruit, and ice from Speedway.
  4. I have to contact the radio stations
  5. I have to nail down some of the entertainment for the walk...Dr Dave who makes the best balloon animals and Pat Catan's for a craft table
  6. And most importantly...I have to raise money for a CURE!!
Samantha, Denna, and Alma are doing a lot to get ready too...
Samantha is going to contact the police dept and fire dept to try to get a police car, ambulance, and fire truck for the kids at the walk. She's also going to contact the newspaper to get an article about the walk. Try to get water donated for walkers. And Samantha, Denna, and I are working on getting prizes for the walkers:)  Alma is going to make her WONDERFUL cookies again and maybe some of her famous cupcakes too;) She is also going to try to get water and soda donated. The 4 of us are also going to try to put together some signs, one for each of our kids to put up around the walking path with info about our kids and their pic on it:)

So, lots to do and only 3 months to do it!!! It's going to be soooo much fun!!! I can't wait!!

Sign up to walk today and if you can't walk, but would like to sponsor me, click this link as it is 100% tax deductible and will get us one step closer to a CURE for Cystic Fibrosis...
 
Thanks for your continued prayers that Lil' Chris kicks this Pseudomonas out!!!
M

No comments: