Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Monday, November 2, 2009

Lauren is not doing well...

Please pray for Lauren, a CFer in her late twenties who is not doing well at all. A few months ago she was getting better, but lately has been getting worse and worse. Her husband said the prognosis isn't good and the doctors are meeting with the family today. Please pray for her. Pray for the doctors and families. Click here to check out her blog where her husband has been giving updates on her condition.

I first came to her blog when I first started blogging. She has a few blogs and always gave such good info on how to care for CF. I admired her for all that she did to help the CF world. I was just watching one of her You Tube videos again the other day on A Day in the Life of CF(see it below). I really learned a lot from her when Lil' Chris was first diagnosed. She was one CFer who didn't hold anything back and it kinda freaked me out a little bit at first. Lil' Chris was so small and to see what she was going thru or had gone thru was painful to watch, knowing that my lil' boy might have to go thru that someday. I didn't follow her regularly for that reason, but checked in on her now and then to see how she was doing. To hear how poorly she is doing now just breaks my heart. Please pray that she gets on the transplant list and gets her new lungs soon!!!

Thanks,
M

1 comment:

Aspiemom said...

Just when I'm wondering if I'll ever hear Lauren's voice again, I come here and HEAR HER! Made me cry. I've been so worried about her and missing talking to her in Chat and on the phone. It's hard to grasp that 2 yrs ago she was working and doing so well and this last year she's been going downhill so fast.

Thanks for sharing this. I keep watching for an update from Brad and wonder what it means that we haven't seen one. He's got so much to handle, tho.