Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

R.I.P. Lauren...You will truly be missed;(


Unfortunately I have a bad update from my last post to report tonight...Lauren, a 29 year old with Cystic Fibrosis, has passed away to be with the Lord yesterday. This saddens my heart, b/c for the past 2 years I have looked up to her for all that she did for the CF community. She shared all kinds of valuable information for us CF parents and for CFers all over the world. She will truly be missed. It won't be the same without her....without going to her for great advice from her past experiences....or reading her beautifully written words(she was a GREAT writer). I never understood really why she was against a double lung transplant even with all her knowledge about CF and even though she would explain it on her blog. She had decided near the end that she wanted more time with her husband Brad and to go ahead with a double lung transplant. I was so thankful and was praying that she would get on the list and get her new lungs in time, but unfortunately God had other plans. I will always admire her for all that she did and all the she left behind on YouTube and on her blogs for all CFers to read and learn from her about CF. All I have to say about Lauren is...."What an AMAZING CF woman!!" She will truly be missed. I just always thought that she would always be there if I ever had any questions, and now.......;-( This is a reminder as to how serious this disease is and how important it is to find a CURE TODAY!!! Praying for Brad and Lauren's family.

Check this link out to see Lauren and Brad, 2 very talented, loving people...
http://www.cfvoice.com/info/caregivers/videos/sickness-and-health.jsp

Unfortunately I have more bad news...2 more people with Cystic Fibrosis have passed away and 2 more are on a vent due to the H1N1 Flu(Lauren did not have the H1N1 flu). Please pray for them and their families along with Lauren's family.
Thank you,
M

4 comments:

Zoe Isabella said...

My family and myself have been praying for a miracle for Lauren for over a week now. i guess God wanted her. I hate Cf. I struggle with this disease, I don't want to watch my bestfriend who has cf, or my daughter suffer from CF. CF is horrible.
Breathe Easy Lauren
Jada

Aunt D. said...

I'm so sorry to hear about Lauren M! I am praying for her husband and family & as always, I am praying for a cure for CF!!!

Oma & Opa said...

Precious M, as I sit here with tears flowing down my cheeks, my heart goes out to Brad & Lauren's family along with the others who are grieving loss right now. Our family knows all too well the heartache that death brings but we also know the hope that lies in Jesus Christ. My prayers continue to be that one day real soon researchers will find a cure for this HORRIBLE disease!!! I HATE THIS DISEASE!
Give my grandkids hugs & kisses for me.
Lots of love to you all

Zoe Isabella said...

Forgot to ask...who else passed away and I know that Ginger has the H1N1 and is vented, but didn't know who the other person is.
Thanks
Jada