Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Lil' Chris' First Ear Infection;-(

Last night was a rough night.

At 3:30 in the morning, Lil' Chris came into our room and woke me up, so I put him on the potty and put him back to bed, but he wanted his back rubbed and was acting a little weird. I rubbed his back and went back to bed, and about 30 minutes later he came back into our room, which is unusual. So I put him back into bed, but he started coughing a lot, so I stayed with him and started pounding on his back(CPT) like we used to when he was little(cupping my hand). He kept coughing, more of a dry cough than a wet cough, so I pulled out his old rubber percussor and started pounding on his back. I did that for a little, then I asked him if I could do his chest and sides and he actually said Yes. So I did his chest and sides, but he still was coughing. After a little bit, it got better, so I put him back in bed and then I went back to bed since I had to get up early in the morning.

About 15 minutes later, he came back into our room. This time my husband got up with him so that I could TRY to get some sleep before I had to get up at 6:30 for work. My husband said that he was complaining that his right ear hurt. I think he got up another time after I left for work saying his ear still hurt, so my husband sat on the couch with him for a little bit, then he asked to take a nap...this was probably about 8am;) So he went back to bed and I think got up around 10 or 10:30 when my MIL was there. She called me at work telling me that he was complaining that his ear hurt and that his right eye was a little red. This was the first that I had heard of the ear ache since I didn't get to talk to my hubby before I left for work.

I was a little concerned since he has never complained of an ear ache before, so on my lunch break I called the pediatrician to get advice and she wanted to see him today. So my wonderful boss let me leave work 1/2 hour early to get him there before they closed. She took one look in his right ear and said it's definitely red and that he has an ear infection. I was kinda taken back since this is the first time he has ever had an ear infection. I wasn't sure what to do, since Ayla never had one either. So I asked her lots of questions:) lol

Anyways, he is now on Augmentin for his ear infection for the next 10 days. She gave me a choice of 3 different antibiotics, but I chose Augmentin since I know he likes that one and it usually works for his coughs. He wasn't coughing much today, but maybe this Augmentin will help it not to develop into anything worse;) Hopefully tonight won't be another up and down night.

Please pray his ear infection, cough, and eye thing goes away really soon! The doctor didn't seem to think the red eye was anything. She also said that his lungs sounded clear, so that's a very good sign and a relief!

Thanks for all your prayers,
M

4 comments:

Lydia Russell said...

:( Aww ... Azer had a few of those last year. They are not fun. Azer says Augmentin tastes kinda good. I guess he'd know since it's always in the fridge .. Lol.

Auntie Steph said...

I called Mom yesterday and of course Chris wanted to talk to me, and he told me his ear was hurting! Poor lil guy! Hope this antibiotic works quick to clear it up!
hugs & kisses to him & Ayla

Gemma said...

Aww poor little man, ear infections aren't fun. It could send his balance a little funny too so keep an eye out for that.

Hope the antibiotics do the job quickly. Sending lots of hugs!

xxx

Gillion said...

are you getting better now? Pei Pa Koa (www.geocities.jp/ninjiom_hong_kong/index_e.htm ) is one of the few Chinese natural cough remedies that have been scientifically studied. it's something like herb plus honey, and it's sweet, thick and black in color. If you have a cough, look for it! It used to be one of my favourite natural cough remedies.

if your cough persists, seek professional help such as traditional Chinese medicine physicians - I have had very good experiences with them.