Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Thursday, July 5, 2012

Pulmozmye Update, 4th of July Pics/Video's, and Swing Flip

Lil' Chris is doing GREAT with this new nebulizer routine!!  He doesn't mind it at all, and on day 2, he actually asked to do more afterwards;-) I told him it's only one time a day and he got a lil' sad. What a kid! He takes any new thing the dr.'s throw at him SO well!! He AMAZES ME!!

I, on the other hand, am still getting used to it. I'm surprised I haven't forgotten yet since we have been so set in our ways doing the Vest in the morning. It really helps having the nebulizer machine right next to the Vest machine, b/c I've caught myself about to put his Vest on and then I see the nebulizer and I go and get the Pulmozyme out of the fridge real quick;-)

So, I'm still learning a lot thru this whole new process and luckily I have a GREAT CF community to help me out with all my silly lil' questions. CysticLife.org is so great to have around in times like these...
  1. We are supposed to wash it afterwards with a clean paper towel and soap and warm water, THEN sterilize them after each use. Oops, didn't do that the first time, we just rinsed them.
  2. You can't pour the Pulmozyme in the cup and then let it sit on the counter...it leaks :b Learned that the hard way!
  3. Boiling water is HOT!!! I about burned my fingers trying to fish them out of the water after it was in the microwave for 6 minutes and I even let it sit for a couple of min before I tried to get them out!! OUCH!!
  4. Lastly, it's hard to tell when the medicine is done. I try to shake it towards the end and then more comes out, but still it's hard to tell and I hate to waste any esp since it's outrageously expensive! Thank the Lord for BCMH!! Please pray we never lose BCMH!

I hope you all had a Happy and Safe 4th of July!! We had a great time at the pool and BBQ at Oma and Opa's house with John, Andrea, and Kennadie!! Afterwards, we went to the soccer fields where we have our CF walk every year, and they had some special things going on, and one was the kids got to sit in some army vehicles and got to turn them on, honk the horn, and step on the gas!! They LOVED it!! They kept asking where their buddy Spencer was and if he drives these :-) I think they are going to have lots of questions for Spencer when he returns home from the army in a month or so;)

Here is a pic of the kids about to watch the Children's Hospital Helicopter, "Air Bear", take off. They liked exploring inside of it, while I secretly prayed they would never have to use it!!
Here is a video of the kids watching the helicopter fly off. It takes a while, but at the end they pray with me that they never have to go in one of these. Too cute...and sad knowing that it's a possibility for Lil' Chris someday:(
After that was fireworks time!! They covered their ears until half way thru, but then they put their hands down and realized it wasn't so bad after all;-)

Well, Lil' Chris continues to do GREAT!!! He is having no side effects from the Pulmozyme and I think he is coughing less too now that I think about it:) YEA!! Right now, he is having fun playing outside on his swing set:) 
On Tuesday, we went looking for a nice new swing set since he loves playing on his tiny old hand me down one, but my goodness they are expensive!! The one we want is white plastic over wood, so then we don't have to worry about splinters, or any mold or rotting or having to stain it each year, but it's like $4,000!!! YIKES!!! Of course it had to have a lil' playhouse which Ayla LOVED, b/c it had windows and a door:) She kept going in it and wanted us to knock to come into "her house"...too cute!! Oh well, maybe some day. On second thought...we might need one sooner rather than later, b/c he just almost flipped the whole swing set by swinging too high, and he just taught himself how to do flips, which is ok, but I'm afraid he might hit his head, and he loves hanging from the top...I guess there's not much else to do with it. LOL I think he needs a twirly tube slide, a rock wall, a rope wall, a horse swing thing, and a much taller, faster slide! He would be in Heaven!...and so would Mommy knowing it's much safer :) lol
Here is a video of Lil' Chris trying to make the best of his swing set(which we are very grateful for, otherwise they would have had nothing all these years, he's just outgrown it now;) and of course him doing a flip!! He was so excited the first time he did it!! I just can't believe he taught himself and he didn't hit his head! Still scares me!

Thanks for checking in with us and please keep your prayers coming!!
M
PS. Remember baby Chaia?? Well she just turned 1 the other day!! Amazing what prayer can do! Thank you all for praying for her, she still needs it as she has a long road ahead of her. Also, please pray for some fellow CF friends...Phennyman and Tricia. Phoenix had surgery the other day and is still in the hospital, and Tricia is going thru so much right now, she has an infection in her sinuses and she continues to loose weight and her breathing difficulties are increasing. Her husband, Nate, keeps a blog about her(which is what got me to start this blog so many years ago;)...www.cfhusband.blogspot.com. Please keep their families in prayer too. Thanks.

No comments: