Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Update on Lil' Chris' Breathing


Thank you everyone for your prayers. We greatly appreciate them:) Lil' Chris is better today, although I wasn't with him much last night or today b/c I had to work. He still sounds really weird when he coughs or talks, but at least he is talking today, b/c yesterday he would only whisper. He is playing more today too instead of just wanting to be rocked or held, so that is a good sign. It still sounds like he's got something in there though, but he can't get it out:( Boo!!

We still aren't sure exactly what's wrong. Maybe he has or had a sore throat, or maybe he got some yucky bacteria in his lil' lungs:( Ayla was coughing, so maybe he got it from her. IDK. I called our CF clinic(Akron Children's Hospital) yesterday and they just said to up his Vest to 3-4 times a day until his clinic visit Wednesday(tomorrow). Poor kid...that's TWO HOURS sitting still while a machine shakes his lil' body;(

The nurse on the phone said that it may be time to start nebulizer treatments(she said this last time he had a cough too;). I kinda hope we DON'T have to start these, b/c it's gonna make his treatment times WAY longer EVERYDAY for the rest of his LIFE!!! But...I kinda WANT to start them, b/c Lil' Chris is the only CFer I know that has never done any nebs .... and that makes me wonder, b/c I know A LOT of CFer's young and old.

I'll update you again tomorrow after our clinic appointment. Please pray that his throat culture comes back normal, that he doesn't need a neb, and if he does need a neb that he does well with it, and please pray that his weight it up(not too sure it's going to be, b/c the last couple of days he has not wanted to eat much at all;(

Thanks again for all your prayers,
M
PS. Thank you soooooo much Heather for calling me yesterday to help me figure out what was wrong with Lil' Chris. And thank you for all the great advice after listening to him over the phone!! You are a GREAT CF mom and I look up to you so much:) Thanks again:)

6 comments:

Mary Boyer said...

Prayers going out for all of you. I hope things go smoothly tomorrow. Listening to your child's breathing difficulties is very scary. If you do start nebs the nice thing is it gives you one more thing you can do at home to help when they are sick.

Jen said...

Good luck with everything tomorrow. The nebs aren't that horrible, Gavin often gets excited when he sees me take them out...I think he feels better because they really help him breathe...kinda makes me sad that at 10 months he already understands that, but if thats what it takes I guess that's what we have to do.
Hope he feels better soon!

Anonymous said...

Glad to hear he's a little better,talking is always a good thing! We'll be saying prayers, please keep us updated!

Oma & Opa said...

So happy to know Chris is feeling better. There is something going around here in South Jersey which affects sinuses, throat, cough. a person could have one sympton or all the above and then some. Michelle, Sammi, Gabbi, Jimmy & Joey have all had strep once or twice. Please call me after his appt & let me know what the doc says. Have they ever said anything about asthma?
Give my grandkids hugs & kisses for me.
lots of love to you all

My Three Sons said...

I hope that tomorrow he feels even better. He just looks so snuggly in his PJ's.

Look forward to seeing his weight tomorrow.

Anonymous said...

Don't worry - you're not the only CF mom. Victoria hasn't ever had any nebulizer treatments either. She doesn't even have a vest yet (coming in 2010 sometime). Glad to hear he's feeling much better & no antibiotic this time around. Hopefully Victoria will fare as well - she's coming down with something.