Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

Sprained Ankle / CF Update

Last night we got back from our vacation to go see all of our family and friends and for an awesome 4th of July party! Thanks Nancy and Al, we had so much fun on the 4th!!! I'm still uploading pics from our trip, so I will post them soon. For now, I will update you on what has unfortunately happened since we got home last night...

I was watching the kids play outside while my hubby was unloading the truck...he says I pack enough for a whole month instead of a week;) LOL So when he got done, I started to bring the kids inside because it was getting late. We went in through the garage like we usually do, and I stepped onto the first step(there are only 3 steps) and tried to lift Ayla into the house, but our door doesn't stay open and it was flinging back, so in order for it not to hit her, I stepped up on the second step to catch the door with my elbow and then I lifted her under her arms into the house. Then I went to turn around to get Lil' Chris and that's when I guess I forgot that I went up that extra step to catch the door and therefore I practically missed the last step. My left foot was turned sideways and caught the edge of the bottom step and then rolled and, well......I rolled with it;) LOL

I looked down in pain and saw that it was already swelling up. I didn't want to go to the ER, but my hubby convinced me and when our sitter got here, we went. Luckily it went pretty quick! We got there at around 10pm and were home before 11:30pm! I'm starting to get a little too acquainted with our ER. First, my miscarriage, then when my hubby popped his shoulder out, then my lil' nephew with an asthma attack, and now this!! That's a lot in just 4 years!!

Anyways, they took me right away, and then I got x-rays really quick, and then went to my room to wait for the dr. He said that it wasn't broken, but it was a sprain. He gave me an aircast to wear until I don't feel pain anymore . He said that I should be okay to go to work on Saturday, but I haven't been able to put any pressure on it yet, so hopefully tomorrow it will get much better. It is already bruising all over. Hmmmmm I wonder what shoes I'm going to wear to work;0 LOL The pic below is my aircast. Don't you just love the sock they gave me??? LOL It has non-stick treads on BOTH sides!!! Special;-) LOL

I have to say, Lil' Chris has been very good about supporting his Momma;) He saw the whole thing happen and started crying saying "Mommy?? Mommy??" It was so cute that he was worried about me. When my hubby helped me to the couch, he came over and told me that he would blow on it. I said "Ummmm okay???" with a puzzled look on my face. Then he went over to my propped up foot and started blowing on it to make it feel better;) Too cute! Not sure why that would make it feel better, but it's the thought that counts;) Before I decided to go to the ER, I tried to stand on it and when I stood up, Lil' Chris thought that I was standing on both feet and started jumping up and down saying "Mommy's foot is all better!! YEA!!" It was so cute, I hated to disappoint him;(

As for now, I'm am staying off my feet since my hubby is home today. Tomorrow I will have to take care of the kiddos all day, so that will be interesting. I'll let you know how it goes over the next couple of days.

As for a CF Update, this morning when Lil' Chris woke up, he was not himself. He was acting really weird and tired still. The tiredness is understandable since he didn't really get any naps all week while we were on vacation. He wouldn't eat anything and spit up a little bit and kept asking to go back to bed, so he did and fell back asleep for a while. Then he woke up and threw up and then went back to bed AGAIN! He didn't really get up until about 3pm. We did his Vest even though we were worried he might throw up again, because throughout the night and this morning he has been coughing a lot. We think it might be because we had a fan on in his room b/c it was hot in here. Does anybody else have that problem with their CF kid?? He hasn't thrown up again yet, but he still is not acting himself or eating, and he keeps asking to go back to bed, but hasn't gone back to sleep again yet though. I think he might be catching my cold. Ayla and my hubby already did;(

I'll keep you posted. Please pray for all of us to heal quickly.
M
PS. My hubby bought me a $10 Granny walker, I guess he got tired of giving me a piggyback ride to and from the bathroom;) LOL At least now nobody has to buy me a walker or cane on my 50th birthday!! =) LOL The kids are enjoying playing on it:)



2 comments:

Jen said...

Boo on your sprained ankle! I laugh with you because that sounds like something that would happen to me. I hope Chris feels better soon. Keep us updated...

Victoria's Mom said...

I like the new header picture! Sprains are a real pain and sadly hurt more. Here's to a speedy recovery.
Victoria nearly always has a ceiling fan on in her room and doesn't seem to have any ill effects from that. Sounds like he has a bug of some variety. Hope he's feeling better soon.