Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Sunday, September 12, 2010

CiCi's Fundraiser / Domino Run

I had another CiCi's Fundraiser on 8/19! It was a pretty slow night and I didn't really have too much time to advertise it. We were too busy searching for a new vehicle for me. We ended up getting a 2007 Dodge Caravan!!! I LOVE IT!! I never thought I would be a van person, but I fell in love with the convenience of it, esp with having 2 kids!! I only wish that I would have gotten one 3 years ago when Lil' Chris was first born;) lol



Anyway, back to the fundraiser....we only raised $80 in tips and raffle. I think that was my worst yet;( But again, I totally dropped the ball in advertising it. Lesson learned!!

This fundraiser was cool, b/c I got to actually meet an ADULT CFer!! I have only ever met one other adult CFer in person and never really got to talk to him, so this was pretty cool:) I was going around to tables doing my usual telling everyone about CF, the fundraiser, Lil' Chris, and the raffle. When I came to this one table,...before I could finish, she looked at me and said she knows all about CF, b/c she has it! I thought, WOW! Here she was looking as healthy as can be, having dinner with her hubby and 2 kids!! I was so glad to meet her and asked her a ton of questions! LOL! I'm really hoping that they will come to our walk next year since she lives in town:)

Lil' Chris sure did have a good time when they came at the end:) Special thanks to Spencer for coming and inviting friends to come too:)



Special thanks to my wonderful Kohl's associates who helped us get the $500 grant from Kohl's....

Stacie

Jill

Kaitlyn

Malinda

Patty

You girls ROCK!! Thanks for always helping us CF families!!! It means the world to us!! Even though we only raised $80, add the $500 and the 10% from the receipts and it should be around $700!!! Not bad!!

My next CiCi's fundraiser will be in October, b/c on Sept 25th my MIL set up a biker domino run for Lil' Chris!! This money will go towards Lil' Chris medical fund, which will one day be for a double lung transplant. You can never start too early raising money for a BIG surgery like that!! Thanks Oma for setting this up for Lil' Chris!! We can't wait!! I hope you all can join us in NJ for the Domino Biker Run:) If you have any questions, please let me know.
If you know any bikers, please spread the word!!! Thanks!!
M

2 comments:

Oma & Opa said...

I can't take credit for the Motorcycle Domino Run for Lil Chris, even though I supplied information abot CF & Lil Chris, it was the men's group at the church who decided this one. Thanks to all the men & women involved in this run.
Mom

Oma & Opa said...

Also a BIG THANKS to the CMA cause without them this Domino Run would not be happening for Lil Chris. So, THANK YOU Rich, Grant, Craig and all others involved!!!