Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Venting / 1st Fundraiser of 2011 Coming Up

YEA!!! I got my first sponsor!! Thank You Aunt Mar!!!! You won the 1st sponsor of 2011 award;-)




I've updated my Great Strides video with a couple of new pics, but kept the rest the same. If I had the time and energy, I would redo the whole thing, but my plate is kinda full at the moment. I made a list of all that I have to do to get ready for the walk, my fundraisers, and to get raffle prizes ...and....well...it's a lot!

Organizing a walk takes a lot of effort and time. Something I don't have either of right now. I don't have the time that I used to anymore, b/c Chris and I are hardly ever home together anymore. When it's just me and the kids, I can't seem to get anything done b/c they just want to play with Mommy instead of Mommy "working." I hate that I have to tell them, "Mommy has to get some work done right now, I'll play with you when I'm done." I feel like that's all I say to them at this time of year, b/c if I'm not busy "working" on the walk or fundraising, then I'm busy "working" on the laundry or dishes or vacuuming or cleaning and organizing their drawers and closets for the change in sizes and season!! I do all this AFTER working a full time job!! Oh yeah, and my back still hurts;(

Not only do I have a list of fundraising stuff, but I have a list of other things that need done around the house too that I just can't seem to get to or have the energy for... like take everything out of the fridge and clean it, steam the hardwood floors, make some sense of our messy basement, clean out my own drawers and closet, clean out the junk drawers, etc....

I think I get like this every year right before my first fundraiser, b/c there is so much work. I have to make new flyers, new poster, new signs, get raffle prizes, etc. Once I get that first one done, then the next ones are a breeze. It's just all so overwhelming right now!! I think that's why I don't have the energy! This time of year, I wish my husband was a stay at home dad so that he could help by doing all the day to day chores, so that I could concentrate on fundraising since he doesn't seem to want to do that kind of stuff, but not too many guys do;) LOL

I know I'm just stressed out now, but once I get more things for the walk and my first fundraiser done and more donations, I'll feel a lot better:) Luckily I'm the type of person that can walk into work and forget about all my stress at home. I "leave it at the door" as they say;-) Many coworkers didn't even know my son had a fatal disease until I did our first A-team(AIA) event for Cystic Fibrosis when he was about 1 year old! I'm not one to talk much about my personal life at work, I'm one to work and see what I can make better:)

Thanks again to Aunt Mar for starting us off this year, and thank you to Panera Bread for donating 100 bagels for the walk this year!!! This makes me start to feel better:) YEA!!

Join us for our first fundraiser of the year on Monday, March 21st at CiCi's Pizza in Wooster between 5pm and 8pm to help find a CURE for Cystic Fibrosis!!! There will be a raffle for a 1 hour massage at Tips, Toes, and Beyond, and a percentage of your receipt will go towards a CURE!!

Thanks for letting me vent, I needed that;) LOL
M
PS. Lil' Chris' cough seems to be getting better, so thank you to everyone for all your prayers:) We started potty training Ayla this past Saturday night, and she hadn't gotten any stickers on her chart(actually gone peepee on the potty) until Monday night. Hopefully she trains faster than Lil' Chris:-)

No comments: