Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, March 31, 2012

Azithromycin / CF Commercial for 2012

Lil' Chris has still been coughing, but not as much. When he does cough though, it is pretty wet and nasty sounding. He has been up in the middle of the night coughing some too. We've(or at least when I am home;) been doing Vest 3 times a day(30min each time), and Albuterol before Vest, and Acapella after Vest, and some manual CPT. All this didn't seem to be helping.

So I played phone tag with the CF clinic for a couple of days, then finally got to talk to Nurse P and she thought he didn't need an antibiotic. She thought it was just allergies b/c they have been getting lots of calls about allergies b/c of all the pollen and crazy weather lately. Once she realized I was not convinced, she gave the dr. a call and long story short....we went back and forth a couple more times and he is now on an antibiotic he has never taken before called Azithromycin. He is to take 5ml the first day(yesterday) and then 2.5ml for the next 4 days. Weird that it's only 5 days, but we'll give it a whirl I guess. Nurse P didn't say much about it, so I may have to do some research on my own. I'm praying it makes his cough go away for good!!! Thank you everyone for your prayers and please keep them coming!


Above is the CF commercial my hubby and I made for our CF walk. He used the voice from an old CF commercial. We tried to get the pictures that were on that old commercial too, but couldn't figure it out, so we used pics of Lil' Chris, Jack, and Kendall. They all have Cystic Fibrosis and live near us. Us parents are all friends on facebook which makes it so nice and quick to get advice from each other:) LOVE our CF Community!!! :)

It will be played in any open spot from April to June 9th (the day of our walk) in Wooster on Clear Picture, Inc! We also made one for the Canton walk with all the same pics and words, just changed the walk site at the end. This one will play in Massillon on Massillon Cable TV, Inc. CLEAR PICTURE and Massillon Cable TV ROCKS!!! They are so AWESOME to sponsor us by playing our commercial every year for free!!!

You all have my bro-in-law to thank for this blog! He is the one who created this domain and renews it each March! Thanks Steve!! You're the BEST!!! I can't believe I've been blogging for FOUR YEARS!!! Wow, time sure flies by!! :) I can't believe there have been almost 35,000 hits too!!! UNBELIEVABLE!!!

THANK YOU ALL SO MUCH FOR SUPPORTING LIL' CHRIS IS HIS JOURNEY AND FOR ALL YOUR PRAYERS!!! :)
(((((((HUGS))))))) to you ALL!!! :)

M
PS. Let me know what you think of the commercial:)

No comments: