Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Cough Update / 7 Step Treatment 3 times a day to get rid of it hopefully

Well, only a couple days left of his antibiotic and he is STILL COUGHING!!!! AHHHHHHH!!!! So frustrating.

I heard that Azythomycin stays in the system for 10 days even though he is only taking it for 5 days, so I guess we'll wait and see???? I'll prob call the CF Clinic in a few days if his cough isn't gone by then.

The next few pics are of Lil' Chris doing his Albuterol puffer before his 2nd Vest time today and his Acapella after Vest to try to get rid of this nasty cough.
With chamber...
Without chamber...(he likes to do it this way better, and he is pretty good at it too!:)
Holding it in....
I just love his look in this pic;-) LOL
Blooooooooooooooooow!!!
This was him at the end of his treatments after doing...(I may add this pic to the CF commercial;)...
  1. 1 Albuterol puff with chamber and taking 10 deep breaths, wait one minute
  2. then one Albuterol puff without chamber and holding it in
  3. then Vest for 30 minutes
  4. then 5 breaths on Acapella, 2 huff coughs, then a big deep cough
  5. then 5 breaths on Acapella, 2 huff coughs, then a big deep cough
  6. then 5 breaths on Acapella, 2 huff coughs, then a big deep cough
  7. Then I encourage him to cough it up and spit it out if he can. Today he actually got some up and spit out!! I was so proud of him! I told him he will get a treat every time he does it, hopefully this will encourage him to cough it out more often:)
He's been doing these 7 steps morning, noon, and night along with some manual CPT as well(when I'm with him;). Poor thing. I pray it does the trick!

Cystic Fibrosis STINKS, literally sometimes, but overall...it just plain STINKS!!! We need a CURE ASAP!!! It seems like Lil' Chris' CF buddies are having a hard time too lately. Jack & Alli(brother and sister), and Kendall have cultured at least one of the 2 bad bacterias called MRSA and Pseudomonas. Not good. Please keep them in your prayers, and as always keep Phennyman in your prayers too. It's so hard seeing these kids suffer at such young ages.

Thank you soooo much to those who have donated so far!! It means the world to all us CF families!!

Here is the CF commercial my hubby made for the Canton Walk that will play in Massillon. It's the same as the Wooster one, but the walk info is different. We are going to try to get the dates taken off the bottom corners before we send it in;-) lol

If you haven't donated yet and would like to, go to http://www.cff.org/Great_Strides/LilChrisChris6765 and click to donate today! It only takes a minute! If you would rather not pay by credit or debit, you can send me check made out to the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation. If you need my address, just email me, my email address is to the right of the blog.

Thanks everyone for your much needed prayers and keep them coming!!
M

No comments: