Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

New Nonprofit for CF/New Fundraiser

Thanks to all the good info I get from Cystic Life on facebook...here is another great article with promises of a CURE for Cystic Fibrosis. Click here to read about how a family member of someone with CF created a nonprofit organization called CFRx, to fund research for a CURE. I wish them all the best, and hope and pray that they will find a CURE for ALL people with Cystic Fibrosis.

One of these days when I have more time, I want to put together a list of all the places I have found that will do fundraisers. I can't do them all, b/c they may not be near me or I just don't have the time to do them, but there are A LOT of place out there that will help in fundraising for a great cause. I really want to share them, b/c maybe you might want to look into them or have the time for them. Some places really surprised me that they do fundraisers!

Today, (as I was typing this post actually;) I got an email from a blog reader, Nicole, who said she was encouraged to see another fellow CF mom dedicated to finding a CURE for CF! She saw on my blog how I like to do fundraisers and sent me a link to a place I have never heard of before that does fundraising! It's called Monkey Joe's, click here to see if there is one in your area. It's a cool Play House kinda! It has the big bouncy things, slides, jumping things, all kinds of cool stuff! It's seems like a great place to have birthday parties! The best part, is that they will donate 15-20% to your charity!! That's AWESOME!! I only wish we had one close to us;( Good news is that they have 2 really close to my sister, D!! My sister and her husband are all about fundraising for Lil' Chris and CF! They have raised $185 so far and they just got started!! I know my sister is going to love this place, especially since they sanitize everything, so they say;) She's a sanitizer freak like me;) LOL

Thank you Nicole for telling me about Monkey Joe's!!! I love to hear from my readers and get tips from them:)

If anyone else has any other fundraiser ideas, I'd LOVE to hear them and pass them along!!

On another note, I heard from CiCi's Pizza's Marketing Manager today and I am going to be dropping off 10 packs of Pin-Ups so that 10 of their stores can do Pin-Ups in May!! I'm SOOOOO EXCITED!!! Last year only 3 of the stores did them, so to have 10 this year is AWESOME!!! I wish I could get them to do it nationwide though. Maybe someday:)

If anybody knows of other places that will do Pin-Ups for Cystic Fibrosis, please let me know and I will try to contact them:)

We are all in this together, and we WILL find a CURE for Cystic Fibrosis!!!

I gotta give a big shout out to Jeanette and the 3 girls in her office at Wayne Saving Community Bank for doing Jeans 4 Genes last Friday!! They all paid $10 to wear jeans for CF!! YEA!! They may do it again in a few months too:) They do it once a month, and they each take turns in picking the charity. Jeanette works with me at Kohl's and donated her month to CF. YEA!!
THANK YOU JEANETTE & GIRLS!! YOU ROCK!!
M

No comments: