Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Monday, July 21, 2008

Clarification

Today, I thought I would write a response to the responses I got from one of my last posts. I think a lot of people took it in a way that was not intended. That's one thing that makes blogging so hard, you can't or don't always get the whole story, so then assumptions may get made. And you know what happens when you "assume!" LOL

From some of the emails and responses that I got, it seems as though some may think that I'm in some kind of depression and am not happy with my life and don't trust God and played the blame game and so on and so on. But to set the record straight...I was just having a bad day(CF Moms get those sometimes. Am I right CF Moms? And I can't guarantee that this will be the last time I post a "depressed-like" post like that)

...I, we, are VERY happy with our life! I thank God everyday for all that he has given us and is about to give to us. I feel very lucky to have the life that I have! He has blessed us soooooooo much! We may not have everything that we want(like a stay at home job), but who does? That doesn't mean that we are not happy with all that we do have and all that God has provided for us! We know that God has a plan for us, we just may not know what that is yet!

I don't blame anybody but myself for not finishing college. I could've went away to the same college my sister did, but I chose not to. Now that I think about it, I'm glad that I didn't go, b/c that probably would've meant the end for me and Chris(long distance relationships never work;). Who knows... maybe if I went, I would have money, but I wouldn't have Chris and I wouldn't have Lil' Chris. Therefore, I'm glad I didn't go. I'd rather be poor and happy and in-love and have Lil' Chris and the wonderful life we have together....than be rich, unhappy, and not have my 2 Chris'.

One thing that I love about my husband is that he loves God. God is #1 in our life and we trust Him. We trust Him every time we step out these doors, every time we hand our baby over to the sitter, every time Lil' Chris gets sick...ALL THE TIME! Yes, we don't go to church like we'd like to, but I believe God knows our hearts, and understands why. I can't tell you how many times my sister D and other people have told me that their kids have gotten sick over and over again from being in the nursery at church. The other kids in the nursery can't help it if they are sick, but it's just not good for Lil' Chris to be exposed right now. For other families, that's fine, it's ok if they get sick. But for Lil' Chris...it's different. The more colds he gets......the shorter his life may be! Is that what you want? No, nobody wants that. His life is short enough as it is! That is why, we feel it to be our duty as Lil' Chris' parents to protect him from a VERY touchy feely church. Why they have all the pastors come around and shake and hug everybody and spread all kinds of germs, I don't know. Maybe we should find another church. But we really like that church, and feel at home there.

So, we hope that everyone respects our decision to keep Lil' Chris healthy for as long as we can by keeping church in our hearts and in our home until Lil' Chris is old enough to understand and be able to go to church classes(won't be long now:) and learn more about our Lord and Savior(I know we can't teach him everything at home;). I know what you are thinking..."But what about you and Big Chris meanwhile?" Well, Chris and I are old enough to be able to have a relationship with God even if it is outside of the church. We both love the Lord with all our hearts, and love the relationship we have with Him, and trust in Him with EVERYTHING we do, even trust in Him to guide us when making the decisions we make.

I don't mean to sound harsh, but I hope this clears things up a little bit better,
M
PS. We must be doing something right, b/c Lil' Chris has only had 1 cold in the last 14 months and has not been hospitalized at all yet.

No comments: