Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Big Day Tomorrow!!

Tomorrow we have our ultrasound appointment to find out if we are having a boy or a girl! YEA!! We can't wait! I'll let you know.

Also, I called the CF clinic today to find out what the throat culture result was. He grew a bacteria, but it is not a CF bacteria. I think she said it is a mouth bacteria, whatever that means. He actually grew this once before. It is something that does not need to be treated, I believe. But later, they called back saying that the doctor wants us to come in tomorrow. If it's not a CF bacteria, I don't know why they want us to come in so soon, but we'll do as they say. Luckily I had requested the day off from work. Hopefully everything is ok. His cough has gotten a little bit better since being on the Sulfatrim. Maybe they will take him off of it. That would be great, since it is sooooooooo hard to force down his throat. He hates the taste of it. We have tried every way possible to give it to him, but nothing works the second time. He is too smart and catches on too fast. Sometimes I feel like we end up spilling more than what he gets in his mouth. We'll see tomorrow what they say.
M

3 comments:

Leslie said...

Can't wait to hear your news... boy or girl!!

Also, I'll be praying for whatever happens with Lil' Chris. Ashley often cultures ecoli (almost every culture) and they don't ever treat it. They say all kids have it. Hopefully that's all it is. I'll be anxious to hear about that too. Has Lil' Chris not started neb treatments yet? That's what I thought you had posted once on my blog. That kind of surprised me, but maybe I didn't understand you correctly.

Lil' Chris is lucky to have you as a mom... keep up the great work!!

Aunt D. said...

Yea! I can't wait to hear the news! I still say girl...

I'm glad Lil C is starting to feel better. Maybe the docs just want to listen to his chest to make sure there's no wheezing? I'm sure they would have told you if they were concerned about something.

Have fun at your ultrasound today!!

Leslie said...

BTW... Ashley's on Sulfatrim right now too! She's taking it okay, but doesn't overly love it. :) Our bottle looks just like yours. She is getting it to see if it helps with her Bacterial Overgrowth (another issue she has).