Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, September 13, 2008

Great News for our CF Mom Meetings!

Guess what? The other day I got a phone call out of the blue from another CF Mom ! She, I think, got my number from our CF Clinic. The social worker there told me she was going to let other CF families in my area know that we have CF Mom meetings to help support one another. Also, I filled out some paperwork once saying that I would love to be a mentor to new CF families, since Daniel's mom has been a great mentor to me:) So, I'm guessing that is how she got my number.

I'm so excited to meet her! Her name is Alma and she has a 2 1/2 year old boy with CF named Jack. They live in the next town over, which isn't very far at all. I told her I was going to try to get everyone together for a CF Mom meeting soon, and she seemed very excited to join our group! She told me that one of her neighbors has an older CF child. She asked if she could call her to see if she wanted to come to the meeting too. I said "Absolutely!!" I'm not sure how much older her child is, but she will probably be able to relate to Julie, a CF mom with 3 CF girls, the oldest is 13 and she has twins who will be 8 on Wednesday.

So far, I've talked to almost all the CF Moms. I'm waiting for one to call me back. The date right now looks to be October 7th at 6pm. Not sure where yet. I want to make sure everyone can make it on this date first, then we'll decide where. We may not be able to meet at the same place as last time, b/c there might be too many of us...6 CF Moms...isn't that GREAT!!

I'll keep you posted,
M

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is great, keep up the good work.

Auntie Steph said...

Wow, M, this is awesome! You're making some good friends, who know and understand exactly what it's like to have a child (or children) with CF! You go girl!!!