I can't believe 1 year ago today, my sweet baby girl was born;) Boy did time fly by!! She was born on January 29th, 2009 at 2:52pm and was 7 lbs. 14 oz. and 19.5 inches long. I remember going into labor, like it was yesterday!(click on "January" below to read about it) She has been such a joy to have around. I love seeing her beautiful smile every day:) Yes, even at 6:30 in the morning;) lol!! Today she slept til 7:15am and woke up laughing;-) She is just too cute;) She must have known it was her birthday;)
Here is a montage from 1 year ago today until today:) The pics above were taken at Picture People, since Kiddie Kandids closed;( I think they did a GREAT job though! They even had us sign a paper so she could be one of their models...I guess to put up on their walls, though it would be cool if she shows up on one of their brochures or something;-)
Here are some things she has been up to:
1. She started to get her 5th tooth in the beginning of January, but now her 6th and 7th teeth are coming through too!! She has 4 right now, 2 on the top and 2 on the bottom, and now has one coming through on the bottom right and left side of her 2 bottom teeth and one coming through next to her upper left front tooth! She has another one that may start to come through soon too:)
2. She has been standing up at the couch and has been cruising around them for awhile. She can pull herself up to stand pretty much anywhere, as long as she has something to hold onto.
3. She drinks just whole milk now. She started refusing her formula a month ago.
4. She eats only table food. Thank God, no baby food for her! Saves us some money:) YEA!!
5. She drinks out of her cups now instead of bottles...PTL!! NO MORE BOTTLES!! YEA!!
6. She can wave, clap, make kissing sounds like "mwaaaa", make clicking sounds with her tongue, and give big wet kisses, and say "uh oh", "momma", "dadda", "night night", put a cell phone to her ear and says "hello", and "cheese" when you try to take her pic:) They are all so cute!
7. She likes to babble and make lots of noise. Sometimes she sings and dances to some of the songs on the shows she watches;)
8. She usually wakes up sometime between 6:30am and 8am, and goes to bed usually between 6pm and 7pm.
9. She usually only takes about 2 naps now, and still puts her right pointer finger in her mouth and plays with her hair with her left hand when she gets tired;-)
10. She still has yet to say no(shake her head no) to ANY food I have given her!! She eats EVERYTHING!! I LOVE it!! When she is done though, she'll definitely let you know!! She either won't let you come near her mouth, or she'll pull the last bite out of her mouth. Lil' Chris used to just spit it out onto his bib:)
11. She'll pretty much copy anything you do, like making faces or noises or hand motions or even coughing;)
12. A few weeks ago she started putting her arms up when she wanted you to pick her up:)
13. She still has NO interest in walking yet!
If you would like to take a look back to my posts when she was first born, click on the months below(remember, they go backwards by date)...
1. January posts - Going into labor posts and Ayla's birth pics:)
2. February posts - The posts before we found out if she had CF or not, and more pics:) BTW, she does not, PTL!!!
3. All Ayla posts - This is every post I ever mentioned Ayla. I found them by putting her name in the section on the right hand side of my blog called "Search My Blog for Anything." This is a great tool, and I encourage you all to use it if there is something you are looking to learn about:) It shows 4 posts at a time. Just click on the title to read them and then hit your back button to click the next one. Click the numbers at the bottom of the fourth post to see more.
HAPPY 1st BIRTHDAY, AYLA!!
WE LOVE YOU!
Momma, Dadda, & Lil' Chris
I hope you enjoyed a years worth of Ayla pics and posts;-)
PS. I'll post all about my fundraiser sometime this weekend:)