Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Sunday, January 24, 2010

Lil' Chris Taking His Enzymes Whole with Juice!!



Here is the video of Lil' Chris at 2 1/2 years old taking his enzymes whole without applesauce and without a big straw!! YEA!!!

Here are the steps we took...
1. We started giving Lil' Chris one whole enzymes on top of a spoonful of applesauce, then started doing all 3 on one spoonful. We started this I think when he was about 1 1/2 years old. Before this, we would sprinkle them on top of the applesauce.
2. About 2-3 weeks ago (2 1/2 years old), I started letting HIM pick up the enzymes and place them on top of some applesauce and then feeding himself the enzymes. This taught him not to squeeze the enzyme or take it apart, and it got him to put it in his own mouth.
3. Last week I started the "Big Straw" method. I put the straw in a cup of milk and then pinched it at the top and put an enzyme in there and let him suck it up with the milk. He did ok with it. I would also let him put the enzymes in the straw. We started out with one, then started putting 2 in the straw at a time.
4. At this time, I started showing Lil' Chris how Mommy takes her pills(I have to take pills every time I eat too). I would tell him..."Look at Mommy take her pills" and then I would put my pills in my mouth and then take a drink. He watched every time and when I would swallow them and show him that they were gone, he would say "Good job, Mommy!"
5. After 2 days of the straw method, he started putting them in his own mouth and then would take a drink. A couple of times he would swallow them without any drink!! Only 2 times he kept it in his mouth too long and the lil' seeds came out. He quickly learned not to do that anymore. Now he does it like a pro!! Another thing I think that really helped him, was giving him lots of praise after each time he would do it right. I would give him a high five, a hug, a kiss, and I would tell him how proud I am of him. I think the first couple of times I might have jumped up and down with excitement;-) lol

I'm so proud of him every time I see him take his enzymes now:) It has made life soooooooo much easier. No hassle of the applesauce and no hassle of the big straw. We can now go out to eat somewhere and not have to worry about having applesauce, a spoon, or a big straw! I LOVE IT!!
M

No comments: