Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

Fundraising Time

It's that time of year again...Yesterday I got my fundraising packet out and started making calls and sending emails. Our walk in on May 1st at 9am in Wooster at Ida Sue School. I can't believe how quickly it is approaching!

I called CiCi's Pizza to set up some "Dough Raisers" where 10% of the receipts will go towards a CURE for Cystic Fibrosis. I'm planning on doing one on Tues Jan 26th from 5pm-8pm and then one each month from now until May. I'm going to make them A-Team events where associates from Kohl's will come and help buss tables so that Kohl's will donate $500 each month.

I plan on calling to get CiCi's to do Pin-ups again where customers can donate $1 towards a cure when they check out and in return their name will go up on the wall. I might be able to get about 15 CiCi's to do them if all goes well:)

I called Friendly's to see if we could do a fundraiser there too. I just have to get all the paper work filled out and then set up a time and date. They donate 15% of all receipts!

It's also time to start getting things set up for our walk too. I emailed Panera Bread to see if they could donate any food for the day of the walk. Hopefully that works out and if not, maybe they could do Pin-ups to help raise money???

I've also been thinking about getting a head start on our commercial for our walk. I'll post it at the top of my blog when I get it finished and leave it there until the day of the walk, just like I did last year;)

I'll let you know more when I find out,
M
PS. Please share with me any other good fundraising ideas that have worked for you. I love doing something new;-)

1 comment:

Auntie Steph said...

I just had a thought...what if you go to the school where your walk will be held, talk to the principal about what the school can do to help. Perhaps a coin drive in each classroom-whichever class earns the most money gets a pizza party, maybe Booksforfunds.com can be hosted at the school but set up and organized by your team of helpers, you'll get the word out to the teachers, parents, and kids of that school and maybe they'll join the walk as well.
I'll keep looking and brainstorming!