Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Lil' Chris' BEST NEW MILESTONE EVER!!!! No Applesauce and now NO BIG STRAW!!


Today was so FANTASTIC!!!! Lil' Chris decided to surprise us....

This morning my husband talked him into picking up his enzymes and putting them into his mouth and THEN taking a drink!!! That's right....No applesauce for 2 days and now no applesauce AND NO BIG STRAW!!!! This kid amazes me everyday!! :) Praise the Lord!! I am in Heaven right now!!! My prayers have been answered! I couldn't be more happy and more proud of my boy!!
I have been waiting for this day ever since we starting feeding him spoonfuls of applesauce(with the enzymes sprinkled on top) when he was just 2 weeks old.
Yesterday he did a great job doing the "big straw" method, but was reluctant at times. Plus, I gotta admit...it was kinda a pain! I still think it was better than doing the applesauce, but my husband said he'd rather do the applesauce than the big straw. I told him we are NOT going back to the applesauce now. I guess that's why he decided to try to talk Lil' Chris into putting them into his mouth all by himself and then taking a drink. I have tried this many times off and on and he would NEVER do it. He would always spit it out. Well...my husband stood firm today and MADE him do it. It worked!! I think he started to realize that it wasn't so bad. He didn't cry or anything. Actually he took all 3 in a matter of a minute or 2!! My husband and I were SHOCKED!!
At his next meal, I stood firm and he took one, took a drink, took the 2nd one, took a drink, took the 3rd one, and took a drink! By dinner time he was taking TWO in a row and then taking a drink!! I was shocked! I only had to tell him once not to chew them. Oh yeah...and he started swallowing them BEFORE HE TOOK THE DRINK!! My jaw DROPPED!!
I can't tell you how much easier life is right now:) THANK YOU LORD!!! THANK YOU LORD!!! THANK YOU LORD!!!
M

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Yay, congrats Lil Chris! We are working on this too.

MHughes said...

Congrats!! I can't wait for this day, how nice to be done with applesauce! Go, Chris, Go!!

Auntie Steph said...

YAY...what a big boy!!! That is so awesome!