Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, March 22, 2008

Great Strides - Taking Steps to Cure CF

I have GREAT news!! Thanks to Nate and his blog (cfhusband.blogspot.com), I was encouraged to make a call to try to get a Great Strides walk(a fundraiser for CF) started here in my town. Thankfully, I talked to the right person and now we may even be able to have one as soon as June of this year! I thought maybe it was too late for this year, but he said that they have been wanting to do a walk in my town. It's not like they have a list of who has CF in what town, and how many, he said. He also said that most walks start by someone calling in and asking to start one in their town. I told him I knew of a few people in our town that has CF. So, he was very excited to get my phone call. He is going to call me on Monday with more details and to maybe set up a time when we could meet and go over things. He is also going to send me a packet that explains everything.
I can't wait for the walk! It is going to be so much fun! I have so many ideas already! I'll let you know the details when I get them. Hopefully you can come and join us or sponsor me. I wonder what I should set the goal at? Any ideas? I'll be glad with whatever amount we get, b/c I know every little bit will help save my baby's life (or at least make it better).

No comments: