Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Friday, December 12, 2008

Pray for Zoe

I found a new CF mom blog the other day, but didn't have time to post about it. She has a cute lil' girl named Zoe who I think is 4 years old. She was diagnosed with CF right before her first birthday. She could really use some prayer. She just had her second sinus surgery a couple of days ago. After her first sinus surgery, her stats dropped, so hopefully that didn't happen this time. There has been no update yet on their blog, but I will let you know when I see one. My guess is they are still in the hospital.

Click here to read her blog.

Why is it that sinus surgery goes hand in hand with CFers? At least that's what it seems like. Here is another site that I check out about a lil' CF boy who has also had sinus surgery. Click here to check it out. Then click Journal at the top to read more posts and then next at the bottom to read about his sinus surgery. I'm trying to figure out a way to put their Caringbridge site on my side bar just like I do with my blog list. I'll figure it out sooner or later.

BTW, if you are interested in checking out the other CF blogs that I look at, just check "My Blog List" on the right hand side(you may have to scroll down a little to see them all). Every time someone posts a new post, their blog name will go to the top of the list. It's really nice having that feature, it saves me a lot of time. I think I am a follower on all of their blogs. If you want to follow my blog, just click on "Follow this Blog" on the right hand side. This is how I sometimes meet new CF moms or CFers! I love this feature too!! Gotta love blogging=)
M

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I received an email from Zoe's dad the day after surgery. Everything went well, her sats remained stable. I haven't heard anything else since, but they were very positive afterward. :o)

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the link! All the extra prayers will help!
Hope everyone is doing alright! Love the pic with Santa!
Angela

Zoe Isabella said...

I have to tell you all...tonight is the first time I have ever had the time to actually "blog-follow". I guess what I mean is I started looking at my brother's blog tonight...to see that they follow this blog...that I saw had a post "pray for Zoe". So I clicked on it to see that it was indeed about my Zoe! :) Wow. I am humbled...I never knew there were people out there following us and praying for Zoe. Thank you.
Your sites are all wonderful. It is good to read about other cf families, it always helps to have people to relate with. Zoe did great with her 2nd surgery, came home that night! :) Now we are facing a weight loss issue...uggghh. Always something with CF. I will add you all to my blog and pray for your children faithfully.
Love,
Jada

Megan said...

Thanks for that comment, and thanks for reading my blog :D
Yeah, doctors don't mention hearing problems being linked to antiboitics, but it doesn't happen to everyone. It took the Docs about a year to notice after my parents did, as the doctors just presumed it was me just being a cheeky kid, not listening.
Your son is really cute btw!
Megan XXX

Megan said...

I don't really know any sites that talk about hearing loss from medication, but if you searched in google or something, im sure you'd find one soon. Try something like [antiobotic name here] causing hearing loss, then you would find a specific link to something you're really looking for.
XX