Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Thursday, December 25, 2008

Second Surprise!!

(Click here for surprise #1.)

Are you ready for surprise #2???

Ok, well here it is...we have finally agreed on a name for our baby girl due on January 29th 2009. Many people have been waiting a LONG time to hear her name.

We have decided on the name...


Ayla Christi


If you're wondering where we got these names from, I'll be glad to tell you.

"Ayla" I got from a girl at work. She was telling me how she really wanted to name her daughter Ayla a couple of years ago was she was born, but her husband wouldn't let her. I thought..."Ayla"...I like that name! It is pronounced like the song "Layla" by Eric Clapton, but without the "L". My husband wasn't thrilled with it at first, but he got used to it once I kept calling her Ayla instead of baby girl. We both got so used to it so much, that it was hard to even consider another name. I guess it was just meant to be:)

"Christi" is after my BEST friend that I have known since I was 3 years old. We went to preschool together, and then elementary through high school together. Our moms, and sometimes teachers, used to say that we were joined at the hip. What can I say, we were always more like sisters. Plus, you can't go wrong with a name that has "Chris" in it:)

Well, there you have it. My 2 big surprises...Pics with myself in them(some of you will be very surprised that I did that) and our baby girl's name. Hope you enjoyed them:) I'll be taking off my pics soon, I can't stand looking at pictures with me in them. All I see are the flaws, like the lil' piece of hair that was out of place. How can a picture place not have a MIRROR??? Honestly!!! I'll never understand it.

Anyways, HAVE A VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!
Enjoy this time with your family and friends, it only comes around once a year;)
M

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

A beautiful name! I love the picture of Lil Chris with his hand on your stomach. That is priceless. Merry Christmas! Daniel's Mom

Anonymous said...

Love the name and the pics! Merry Christmas!
Angela

The Liberto Family said...

That's a pretty name! Can't wait to see wait to see pictures of Ayla!

Alicia said...

Little Ayla will be her before you know it! It's so hard to believe 2009 is right around the corner!

Aunt D. said...

I love it! What a great name for my new lil niece! She'll be here before we know it!

My Three Sons said...

Hello,

I just wanted to thank you for leaving a comment on my post. I have read through your post and what a beautiful family you have. Carson was actually suspected of having CF but finally ruled out. He just has a lot of other challenges that are equally overwhelming.

I would love to add you to my blogroll if you don't mind.

Take care and Happy Holidays.

Kaci and Carson