Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Tuesday, December 2, 2008

2nd Cold and CF Mom Meeting Tomorrow

Well, it looks like Lil' Chris has his 2nd cold. He was up a lot in the middle of the night, and then when he woke up this morning, his nose was all runny and he kept sneezing. He is very cranky and just wants to be held a lot. He never wants to be held, so you know he's not feeling well. It's like he doesn't know what to do, this is only the 2nd time he has been sick. Even I'm not sure what to do. He has only coughed a few times. His nose just keeps running and he hates getting it wiped. What kid does like their nose getting wiped, esp when it is most likely sore?

Thank you all so much for all your prayers the last couple of days. Hopefully he will get over this cold soon, and hopefully it won't turn into a cough.

I know I'm probably going to catch the cold too, but I'm hoping it won't hit me until Thursday. Tomorrow night we have a CF Mom meeting and I would hate to miss it since I set it up. I have a Great Strides coordinator coming to the meeting so we can get things rolling for starting a new walk here in our town. So far it's going to be me, the Great Strides coordinator, Alma, and Daniel's mom. I haven't heard back from the other 2 CF Moms that I know. I can't wait to set a date and place for our walk.

So far I have raised $285.00 and we have another Jeans for Genes Day tomorrow! I try to do it once a week.

I'll let you know how our meeting goes and keep you updated on Lil' Chris.
Thanks again for all the prayers,
M
PS. Please click here and check out this blog and keep this family in your prayers also, as they have lost a loved one because of this horrible disease. All the more reason for us to get our walk started so we can get out there and raise as much money as possible so that we can find a CURE!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sending lots of prayers and hugs for Lil' Chris to feel better soon! (And for mommy to catch a nap!) Take care!
Angela
www.phoenixsfight.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

I hope last night was better for Lil' Chris. You are doing a great job, if this is only his 2nd cold! And, it just goes to show how CF affects each child differently. Hang in there, and I hope you make your meeting!

Good luck on getting the walk going. Last year was our first walk, and our total is over $34,000! I'll email you with a few more ideas! You are off to a great start!

Cindy
http://curecf4reilly.blogspot.com