Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Friday, January 2, 2009

Letter & Video from the CEO of the CFF

Dear M,
As we come to the close of 2008, I want to personally thank you for supporting the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation.We have had one of the most exciting and promising years in our history--from our groundbreaking results with a drug that addresses the basic CF defect....to our success in improving quality care, and boosting the median predicted age of survival to 37.4. It is because of your support that these achievements are possible.Please watch this brief video as I share with you some of the advances that I am most excited about. I also share one mother’s passionate and heartfelt reaction to this year's progress. And I talk about what the future holds--for the drugs currently being tested, for the basic research underway, and for the future of our patients.I hope you'll take a few minutes to watch--and, if you can, to make a tax-deductible gift that will allow us to continue the life-saving work that is extending lives of patients with cystic fibrosis.

I am so grateful for your support.With warmest wishes for a happy holiday season, Sincerely,Robert J. Beall, Ph.D.President and CEOCystic Fibrosis Foundation

Click here to watch his video. It is very interesting! This was the first time I had heard that the survival rate had gone up and how much progress they really made this past year with all the money that we all have raised! It's amazing! Hopefully they find a CURE this year:) We just all have to raise as much money as we can, so they can have the tools to find the CURE!! It will be worth it in the end :)

Thank you to all who have donated money towards finding a CURE this past year! Especially those who helped me get to my goal:) I can't thank you all enough! It means the world to us and to all CFers and to all CF parents. THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!!
M