Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Friday, March 6, 2009

A CF Movie! Get the Word Out!


Max McGuire is making a movie about Cystic Fibrosis! YEA!! It is called "Salt".

I was on facebook(thanks sis for getting me hooked to fb;) and was checking out the Cure CF Cause part, when I came across a Discussion Board and saw that one of the topics was "CF Movie Being Made"! As a CF mom, of course I had to click into it and see what it was all about;) I started reading all the comments that other CFers and friends and families of CFers had to say. Then I saw a website for a synopsis of the movie. www.saltthemovie.com I checked it out and found out that Max has CF! His life is an amazing story, and he has an amazing story to tell through his movie! But he needs our help to get the word out there, so please pass this along to as many people as you can. I challenge every blogger who reads this to post about this movie on their blog as well. Max needs all the support he can get.

Here is a great quote that is in the movie...

"Doesn't matter if you live to thirty or three-hundred," she tells him. "Everybody thinks life's too short." So what are you going to do with the time that you've been given?

Thanks in advance for spreading the word,
M

PS. Please pray for Lil' Chris. His nose has been running practically non stop since yesterday. At first I thought that it might be b/c he has 2 more teeth coming in, but then I woke up with a sore throat this morning:( So maybe he does have a cold:( I hope not, I hope he is just teething. Although he has been coughing a lot more and has been very cranky. Do kids cough when they are teething?? My husband says that it is probably b/c it is dripping down the back of his throat. Please pray that he gets over this soon with no problems and no need of antibiotics. Also please pray that Ayla doesn't catch it if it is a cold.

4 comments:

Julie said...

Thanks for the info on the movie. I'm definitely going to post about it. Sometimes movies like to take a lot of liberties with CF facts but since Max has CF, I'm looking forward to a realistic picture.

I hope Lil Chris feels better soon and that he won't need any antibiotics.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for the information on the movie! I just got on facebook also, and I am slowly figuring things out! Sometimes I think technology is not my friend!
Sending prayers that everyone is feeling better soon!
Have a great weekend!
Angela

Alicia said...

Awesome information! I had no idea!

Graciy said...

Danalie never really coughed whilesee was getting her teeth but she also doesn't have CF. We will be praying that he will be a oh kay!

The move seems awesome thanks for the info!