Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Friday, April 18, 2008

GREAT DAY!!

I had a GREAT DAY today! I posted all kinds of stuff in the break room at work and got 3 donations right away! Also, I got about 15 people walking now! I had to make room on the paper for more names! Isn't God GREAT!!

And then when I got home, I got a check in the mail for another donation from Chris' mom (Oma is what the grand kids call her). Thanks Oma!
I still have to make some more flyers up to put around town. Hopefully we make our goal, I was a little worried there for a little bit ; ) I think we can make it now!

Here is what I posted at work...
1. A Flyer
-explanation of CF
-info on how they can donate
-cash, check(made out to Cystic Fibrosis Foundation), and Credit Card on line
-info on the walk
-when, where, prizes they could win (they give away 20 or more prizes to those who are registered before the walk.)
2.Fundraising Tips.....
Raise $300 in one week!
Day 1 Make your own $25 contribution
Day 2 Ask 5 neighbors for $10 each
Day 3 Ask 5 co-workers for $5 each
Day 4 Ask 3 family members for $25 each
Day 5 Ask 2 businesses for $25 each
Day 6 Ask 5 friends for $10 each
Day 7 Ask your boss to contribute $25

Raise $150 in 5 days!
Day 1 Make your own $30 contribution
Day 2 Ask a neighbor for $30
Day 3 Ask a co-worker for $30
Day 4 Ask a family member for $30
Day 5 Ask a friend for $30

Raise $150 in 3 days!
Day 1 Make your own $50 contribution
Day 2 Ask 5 neighbors for $10 each
Day 3 Ask 5 family members for $10 each
3. Pictures of Lil' Chris (new blog header pics: ) with lil sayings next to them...
With your help,
I can live as
long as
you!

With your help,
I can grow
to be strong
like you!

With your help,
I can live
a better
life!

With your help,
I can
do
anything!

4. Info on the JEANS for GENES Days
-we decided to change the original day I had set, b/c not as many people would be there.
-the days are now Wednesday April 23rd and Monday April 28th.

5. Oh yeah, and I put up a copy of Lil' Chris' Great Strides Home Page so they can see what it looks like if they want to donate on line.
6. Lastly, I put up the Thank You things that I got in my Great Strides packet when I registered.
-They are kinda like the things you see at McDonald's. When you donate a dollar or something, they put your name on it and post it all over the walls.
-That's what I started today to thank those who donated and will continue to fill up the wall with more donations, hopefully; )
-There is 2 different kinds, one has a shoe (for walking) and the other has roses on it and says 65 Roses (not too many people know what that means yet, but I keep mentioning it)
-So far, there are thank yous up on the wall for...
Deloris
Rebecca G.
Karen T.
Thank you all so much for your donations. It means the world to us!
Maybe I'll take a picture of the board and show you soon. And I'll try to get a copy of the Thank You things too. They are pretty cool. Please feel free to use any of my ideas. If you have any for me, I would love to hear them!
Thanks,
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

GREAT JOB! And YES, GOD IS GOOD ALL THE TIME!!!!!
How's our lil man feeling?
Love, hugs & kisses
Oma (aka mom)