Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Friday, April 25, 2008

Incentives

Guess what? As Chris and I were going around last night handing out flyers to businesses, we actually got a response! And right away too!
A few days ago, we went to our local Christian Book Store to see if they could do anything. The lady said that the manager was on vacation, and to come back on Thursday. So last night we went back and I talked to the manager there. She ended up giving us 3 $5 gift certificates for the top 3 people who raise the most money! Wasn't that soooooooo nice!! I was so excited to get a response like that right away. Everybody else says they have to go thru corporate.
So now, I have some incentive for people to raise more money! YEA!! Hopefully I can get some more stores to do the same. The more money raised, the closer we get to finding a CURE and a more normal life, not just for Lil' Chris, but for all CFers. I really hope we make our goal of $1500. I want to know that I did all I could to help find a cure for all CFers. It'll be a GREAT day when I hear the words "CF now stands for Cure Found!" I'll know that I had a hand in finding that cure and so did all the people that donated for Lil' Chris.
Thank you sooooooooooo much everybody who has already donated!!
If you'd like to know that you had a hand in helping find that cure too, then email me to donate. Every little bit is one step closer to a new, better life for all CFers!!
Thanks,
M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That is so cool. I was telling C the other day that Dad had to get his glasses adjusted and while he was taking care of that I was putting flyers on the windshields of vehicles. I had just put one on this van when this woman and her children came over to the van. She removed the flyer and started to read it. I walked over to her and said "I put that on your van. This is my grandson and he has Cystic Fibrosis. We are trying to raise $1000.00 by May 10th." She told me that she works for the state and will put the flyer up at work. I thanked her and headed back to the truck. She called out the window to me and asked if I had any more flyers. I said yes, and she asked if she could take what I had left. So, of course I gave them to her. When I got home I printed some more and what I don't pass out on Saturday, I will pass out on Sunday. More good news, we have 17 people walking as of today.
love, hugs & kisses
Mom