Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, April 5, 2008

Walk For A Cure!!

I've been meaning to post this for quite a while but today I finally managed to get my act together & do it! =)

I can't tell you how much the support of the Cystic Fibrosis Foundation means to my sister, Big Chris & Lil Chris. It provides so much to families of Cystic Fibrosis kids & to adults living with CF! I use cff.org as a reliable resource for information when I have questions or when I want to share with you in my "Let's Learn about CF" series of posts. Their website is awesome & has videos (which I haven't figured out how to embed here yet but I will) & stories that will open your eyes to all that is going in the lives of CF'ers & the world of CF research.

I will be completely honest with you now.... I am the worst fund raiser ever. I have major issues asking people for their time or their money even for things that I really believe in like GREAT STRIDES Walk for a Cure. I'm working on it though... a few baby steps at a time! To that end, I have registered myself, my family & our blog to walk in an upcoming GREAT STRIDES event. My sister-in-law "N" heard from my mother-in-law that I had registered the fam & e-mailed me today to ask why I hadn't asked them to walk with us. Wellll, I wanted to, but I have issues (this being one of many). =) Now I feel a little sheepish for being so hesitant. I am determined to put myself out there & drum up some more support. Thanks N for giving me some confidence that people won't be annoyed or offended if I ask for their support.

So to view our blog's GREAT STRIDES page click this www.cff.org/great_strides/acure4lilchris and check it out! If you live in the area & would like to join us please do! Just click on the Join my Team button at the bottom of the page. If you'd just like to find a way to support the CF Foundation which supports CF'ers like Lil Chris in a multitude of ways every day please donate by clicking on the Donate button. It truly is a worthy cause!!

Thanks for listening, thanks for already showing that you care about CF just by reading our blog!

That's all for tonight! Gotta get up early for church tomorrow morning!

No comments: