Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

The Birth Part 1

For the first part of this story, click these...
1. The Beginning of it All
2. The Nagging Begins
3. The Nagging Continued
4. The Phone Call
5. Our Options
6. The News
7. The Best News Ever!
8. The Big Question
9. Sharing the Good News
10. It's Baby Time!!

So I'm in labor, the hospital doors are locked........I look at my husband and said "Oh no! They're closed, we're too early!" He looked at me and said "They don't close!" Then we both looked inside and the lady behind the desk saw us and buzzed us in. I felt pretty stupid after that. The lady told us that they have the maternity ward on lock down, b/c some girl who just had a baby thought that her ex-boyfriend was going to try to come and take her baby or something. Chris and I exchanged a look that was like "Oh Great!" But nothing ever happened, it was just a pain when Chris would try to get back in, after running to the car for me every now and then. Thanks Honey:)

So, we got all checked in and finally got to our room at about 7:30 or so. After I put my gown on, they checked me and I was already 4 cm dilated. They asked if I wanted an epidural right now, and I said it wasn't that bad and I could wait. We had a really nice nurse who stayed with us pretty much the whole time. She of course had to ask a million question! I or Chris would answer her, or she would wait until a contraction was done, then I would answer her. She was pretty nice and patient about it. I could've talked through the pain, b/c like I said, they weren't really that painful, but I decided she could wait. This was MY day and I could do whatever I wanted!! LOL : )

By the time she finished all the paperwork and hooking me all up to machines, it was time to check me again. It was about 11:00am and I was 7cm this time. She again asked if I wanted an epidural yet. I still was going back and forth about having it, since I could deal with the pain. I've had lots of stomach pains my whole life, so that's why these labor pains didn't seem that bad to me I guess:). The nurse was so shocked that I didn't once make a sound or really even show my pain that much. I would just breathe through the pain slowly. She said that I was her quietest and best patient ever! That was nice of her to say. They probably tell everyone that though;)

Once my doctor came in to check on me, she said that it was her anniversary today and that she had plans that night and that she had to leave between 5 and 6pm. So I of course was like "Oh Great!" I really didn't want any other doctor to deliver my baby, b/c she is really gentle and great. Plus she knows our whole situation with the possibility of CF. So, I decided to go ahead with the epidural to speed things up so I would deliver before my doctor had to leave.

No comments: