Our old CF Commercial that plays on MCTV. Still working on this years.

Saturday, May 24, 2008

It's Baby Time!!

For the first part of this story, click these...
1. The Beginning of it All
2. The Nagging Begins
3. The Nagging Continued
4. The Phone Call
5. Our Options
6. The News
7. The Best News Ever!
8. The Big Question
9. Sharing the Good News

Sorry it's been so long since I've continued our story, but here we go...

I'm going to skip ahead 9 months, b/c I'm sure you don't want to hear about how I lost 10 lbs in my first 3 months of pregnancy from throwing up pretty much everything, and then continued throwing up off and on throughout the rest of the 9 months.

Well, on Wednesday, June 6th 2007, (which my husband and I both happen to have off work that day;)I awoke at 5:30am and started to get a little cramping. I didn't really think anything of it, b/c my due date wasn't for another week! So I tried to go back to sleep, but I couldn't. So I figured I'd go pee for the 5th time(nothing new) and try to go back to sleep. But instead of peeing(sorry, I know this is gross;), my water broke! Thankfully it didn't happen in bed or on my way to the bathroom. Although it would have been funny watching my husband clean it up:) LOL

I didn't know what to do, b/c I didn't want to wake my husband up. It was his day off, the only time he gets to sleep in. Somehow, it was like he knew what was going on. He made the kissing sound we always do to see if the other is awake to talk or to see where they are in the house and stuff. Once he did that, I was so relieved. I wanted to see his face when I told him, but I just blurted it out..."I think my water just broke!!" He hopped up and said "For real?" I said "I think this is it! Good thing we both have off today, b/c we are having a baby today!!"

So he started asking me a million questions, and then started getting ready to go to the hospital. Like I've said before, good thing I'm a lot like my Dad. I had EVERYTHING all ready to go...my bags, the car seat, my checkoff list, etc.(see just like my Dad). Only thing I had to do was take a shower and get dressed. I was getting contractions about 3-4 min apart, but they weren't that bad. I figured it would take all day before I delivered and the nurses probably wouldn't let me eat anything, so I asked Chris to go get me something for breakfast so I would at least have something in my stomach to last me all day. BIG MISTAKE!!! I barely ate it, and it made me throw up about 3 or 4 times at the hospital. Talk about dumbest move ever! How embarrassing too. Oh well, now we know for next time:)

So, by the time I got out of the shower, the contractions were about 2-3 min apart. They still weren't that bad to me, don't get me wrong, they were definitely painful. I always thought that it would be really really painful. I got dressed and then I kinda wanted to wait a little before leaving, b/c they weren't that bad. But Chris said "Let's just go. They are coming really close together." So, I gave in after a few minutes and we left. On the way there, I was saying "The bumps it the road ARE kind of painful." I always wondered about that b/c you always see it in the movies:) Luckily the hospital was only 2 miles away.

As we were walking in the front doors, I had to wait for my husband to get off the phone(of course) before we entered the maternity ward (he is ALWAYS on the phone!) I was kinda mad since I was the one in labor and in PAIN!!! Luckily he didn't take too long. Once we got there, we tried to go into the doors and they were locked!!


Aunt D. said...

I hope you're not going to leave us hanging too long!! =)

Susanna said...

And soooooo... you had Lil Chris right in the middle of the floor and taught them a lesson about locking the doors.....:-) Come on now, there is a rule somewhere that says you can't leave a story hanging like that!!!! That's totally PAINFUL (for us:)!!!

Auntie Steph said...

I agree with Susanna....
I don't like PAIN....or waiting!!!